This Chocolate Peanut Butter bread is scrumptious and easy to make. Buckwheat flour makes it gluten free.
I have been super busy recently with the end-of-school year activities, including the Walk-a-Thon, annual Art Vista Show and some field trips. As I mentioned previously, I was an Art Vista docent (teaching a hands-on art lesson monthly) in both of my sons’ classes. It is rather amusing that I agreed to do it considering I’m really bad at drawing or any other art activity! But I think kids learned a few things about the history of art along the way and created some fantastic art so all is good!
Today’s recipe combines bananas, chocolate and peanut butter! To make it even more delicious I used coconut oil and buckwheat flour so everyone can enjoy this bread. Check out my other, gluten-free, recipe for a chocolate cake and see why people love it!
This bread is phenomenal! Moist, full of chocolate and peanut butter, and great for breakfast or a pick-me-up in the afternoon. You could totally turn it into a birthday cake as well! The peanut butter-obsessed should not be embarrassed about spreading some extra peanut butter on each slice. That’s how I eat it!
Making this bread is easy. Mash the bananas, add melted coconut oil and peanut butter, then sugar and eggs.
Stir in cocoa powder, baking soda and powder, salt and vanilla extract. At the end add buckwheat flour.
Pour the batter into greased loaf pan (9-inch) and smooth it out. Place 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it up for about 15-20 seconds or until soft. Drizzle it on top of the batter and, using a toothpick or chopstick, make swirls. Or you can leave it like that.
Bake the cake for about 60 minutes in the oven (preheated to 350°F) or until the toothpick comes out dry. Remove it from the baking pan and cool down completely before storing.
Makes: 1×9-inch bread Prep time: 20 min Ready in: 2 hrs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, softened in microwave
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- drizzle 2-3 tablespoons peanut butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease the 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add melted coconut oil, softened peanut butter, both sugars and eggs, Stir well.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, salt and vanilla extract. Stir in buckwheat flour.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and smooth the surface.
- Soften the peanut butter and drizzle on top of the batter. Bake for 60-65 minutes @350° or until the inserted toothpick comes out dry. Cool down completely before storing in a ziplock bag.