Whether it’s Tuesday or Saturday, these Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa will be very popular in your house.
We are only a few short weeks away from the beginning of spring, and summer vacation starts in 3 (!) months. But with both kids getting pneumonia one after the other I’m focusing on today and helping Ian get better soon. We are hoping that the new medication will be effective and the fever and cough will go away. Staying home second week in a row isn’t fun for him anymore!
Today’s recipe is great for weeknights’ dinner. It requires a bit of planning but since the meat cooks in a slow cooker all day, dinner will be ready when you get home from work.
There are only a few ingredients needed to season the pork tenderloins: sweet paprika, cayenne pepper (optional), cumin and salt. Mix the spices together in a bowl and rub all over the meat. In another bowl, add freshly squeezed lime juice and honey. Stir well. Add the meat into the slow cooker, pour in the liquids and cover. Cook on low for 8 hrs or 4-6 on high. That’s it! Not too complicated.
We love fruity accents in food! Every time I walk by delicious looking mangos, I can’t resist, especially if the price is right. I love eating these pork tacos with a good serving of my mango salsa. You can add avocado to it or serve it on the side. If you prefer regular salsa with your tacos, go for it of course. But I suggest you try them with my fruity salsa.
For a more authentic experience and some crunch, add sliced radishes. When the meat is ready, transfer it onto a cutting board and pull it apart using two forks. To serve, have the meat and all of the toppings (radishes, avocado, chopped romaine lettuce, salsa, cilantro and limes) ready in small bowls. Warm up the corn tortillas (microwave covered in a damp paper towel) and eat at once.
Serves: 6-8 people Prep time: 30 minutes Ready in: 8.5 hrs
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice (3-4 limes)
- 1/2 cup honey
- mango salsa or your favorite tomato salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced (if making salsa without it)
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced
- 1 cup of shredded romaine lettuce
- 3-4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 limes, quartered
- taco size corn tortillas, warmed up
- In a small bowl mix together the spices and rub them all over the pork tenderloins. In another bowl mix together honey and lime juice. Place the meat in a slow cooker and add the liquids. Cover and set it on low for 8 hrs or high for 4-6.
- When ready to eat, prepare the toppings and place them separately in small bowls. Using two forks, shred the pork tenderloins. Drizzle the meat using some of the cooking liquid.
- Warm up the tortillas. Invite everyone to the taco bar and serve.