Here is one of our favorite salmon recipes. It’s sweet, fruity and very easy to make. Give it a try today!This recipe takes me back to the very beginning of my relationship with my husband. At that time he knew how to make about 3 dishes, all seafood related, and would make them often. Him cooking for me clearly worked! I remember being so impressed with this dish and him, too. After all these years together (10th wedding anniversary was in August!) my husband still impresses me now and then but sadly doesn’t cook for me anymore. I appreciate that he takes me out to new, exciting restaurants instead! This recipe was given to him by either a college roommate or some friend whose name sadly is no longer remembered.
This dish is fantastic! The combination of fruity salsa, fresh raspberries and cherry tomatoes goes so well with salmon. The fish, since it’s covered by the fruit, is always juicy and very flavorful. If I have some ripe mangoes on hand I like to make the mango pineapple salsa, but often I don’t, so store-bought works great, too. Any fruit salsa should work, but we prefer mango pineapple or mango peach. Trader Joe’s sells a good one that I often use (it’s in the fridge section). Once you have the salsa ready, it is a matter of minutes to assemble this dish. Just sprinkle some salt and pepper onto the fish fillet, spread a generous amount of salsa and add fresh raspberries and cherry tomatoes gently pushing them into the salsa. That’s it! Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes. Serve it with brown rice and a simple green salad or roasted asparagus.Serves: 4-6 Prep time: 10-25 minutes Ready in: 40-60 min
Mango Pineapple Salsa: (if buying, use 2 containers)
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced finely
- 1/3 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and diced finely
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced finely
- 1 small red onion (about 1/3 cup) diced finely
- fresh cilantro, chopped (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- lime juice from 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons or more of honey
- 1 salmon fillet, with skin on
- fresh raspberries, 1-2 6 oz packages
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Salsa: peel and dice all of the salsa ingredients. Add lime juice, salt, pepper and honey. Stir well. Adjust seasonings if needed. Set aside. Or use 2 containers of store-bought salsa.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Salmon: wash and dry the fillet. Place it, skin side down, in an oven safe baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the salsa all over it, add the raspberries and cherry tomatoes and gently push them down. Place in the oven. Bake for about 25 minutes until cooked through. Serve hot.
Pingback: Chocolate Peppermint Bark | It's Cooking with Magda
Pingback: Shredded Pork Tacos | It's Cooking with Magda