Here is my perfect sandwich. It’s full of flavors, creamy, crunchy, spicy and sweet. You are going to love it!Hello! Meet the perfect sandwich! Anyone who tries it, loves it. Crunchy bread, creamy avocado, sweet fig preserve and spicy jalapeno give your taste buds an unforgettable experience. And there is still some roasted turkey, cheese and a touch of mayo if you are living large.
I came up with this sandwich a while ago. I think I wanted something that would slightly resemble a post-Thanksgiving sandwich but would be available all year long, hence the fig preserve.
There are a few ways to make this sandwich. Let’s talk about bread first. Freshly baked, country-style sourdough is often my first choice. Hearty, whole grain one with tons of seeds is up on top, too. But, as always, feel free to use your favorite kind of bread. As a spread, I like to use a ripe avocado, to make it healthier but it tastes great with mayo, too.
Next, you are going to add some lettuce– Romaine or Butter are both great. Then, layer sliced turkey, cheese, a bit of fig preserve, a touch of mayo, a few slices of fresh jalapeno and avocado. Add more lettuce and top with another slice of bread. That’s it. So simple and tasty every time. Give it a try!
What’s your favorite kind of sandwich?
- 2 slices of freshly baked, sourdough bread (or your favorite one)
- 1 avocado, half sliced, half used as a spread
- 1-2 leaves of Romaine lettuce, divided
- 2-3 slices of roasted turkey breast
- 1 slice of Swiss cheese (or your favorite one)
- 1-2 teaspoons of fig preserve, store bought
- touch of mayonnaise
- a few slices of fresh jalapeno
- Spread a half avocado on both pieces of bread. Place lettuce on one piece of bread, then add sliced turkey and cheese. Spread the fig preserve, some mayonnaise (if using) and add sliced jalapeno and avocado. Place the remaining lettuce on the sandwich and cover with the second piece of bread.